In this course you will be able to :
- Comprehend sentences through short motivational stories
- Form your own short and long sentences
- know how to cultivate the habit of reading
- Increase your vocabulary to cover subjects such as holidays, people in your life, and food.
- know the steps required to overcome hesitation while speaking in English
- Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions.
- Develop greater control of English grammar, including more sophisticated areas like present perfect simple and conditionals.
- Express and understand key information about typical situations such as work, school or leisure
- Give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Let us read these motivational stories :
Thinking out of the box
Once upon a time, a merchant named Sam owed a huge sum of money to
Tom, a money lender. The time came when the merchant ran out of the
last chance given to him to give the money back.
Sam had a beautiful daughter who was very affectionate with her father.
Tom asked the merchant to give all the money back failing which he will
marry his beautiful daughter.
Tom was not at all good looking and ill-minded and so the merchant was in
dilemma. Tom proposed a new condition. There was a mix of black and
white pebbles on the ground where they were standing. He will take two
pebbles on both hands, one will be white and the other will be black.
If the daughter correctly chooses the white pebble, then Tom will write
off all the debt and leave the marriage proposal too. But if she chooses
the black pebble, he will write off the debt but will marry the daughter.
Tom bent down to pick the pebbles from the ground and the daughter
noticed that he took black pebbles on both hands. The girl had three
choices- to notify the same to her father which may provoke Tom, take
the black pebble and sacrifice her life or simply refuse to take the
pebble which might land her father into trouble. But what she did totally
She took the pebble from his hand and ‘accidentally’ the pebble fell off
from her hand to ground. She then asked Tom to see which color pebble
was left in his hand to identify the color she picked. Tom had no other
choice but to show the black color pebble in his hand and set both of
Moral of the Story: Sometimes, life offers you situations that not only
demands hard work and perseverance but some creative thinking which
saves the situation.